What We Do
Mission Statement: KindredHouse is an international endeavor working to promote and advocate for long-term community education, health, and development solutions.
We strive to uphold this mission in the following ways:
- Providing a market for handmade, fair trade goods.
- Culturally-appropriate project design and curriculum.
- Learning about and experiencing the culture and daily lives of the people served.
- In-depth planning, development, and evaluation to ensure outcomes are achieved.
- Focusing on understanding the epidemiology and etiology of public health problems to inform and support direct service projects.
- Sustainable public health and development programs that have a real impact in communities such as hand hygiene, dental health, and clean water.
- Working on project development in collaboration with local non-governmental and governmental partners, as well as the communities involved in the projects.
- Interdisciplinary long and short-term volunteer teams of professionals and students and others who seek to support on the ground efforts of the Project and its partners.
- Advocating for community health, education and development through networking inside and outside the target areas, and supporting efforts on the ground by local partners.