What We Do
KindredHouse is an international endeavor working to promote and advocate for long term community education, health, and development solutions.
We strive to uphold this mission in the following ways:
- Working on project development in collaboration with local non-governmental and governmental partners, as well as the communities involved in the projects.
- Providing a market for handmade, fair trade goods.
- Advocating for community health, education and development through networking inside and outside the target areas, and supporting efforts on the ground by local partners.
- Focusing on understanding the epidemiology and etiology of public health problems in order to inform and support direct service projects.
- Sustainable public health and development programs that have real impact in communities such as hand hygiene, dental health, and clean water.
- Culturally-appropriate project design and curriculum.
- Interdisciplinary long and short term volunteer teams of professionals and students and others who seek to support on the ground efforts of the Project and its partners.
- Learning about and experiencing the culture and daily lives of the people served.
- In-depth planning, development, and evaluation to ensure outcomes are achieved.